1/2/10

#2 - Deep Red Arils

subtlety drifts through my speakers as i focus on tones encompassed,
was once much to busy sifting without enjoyment,
now i hear it, relax it says
and pulls a deep blue sigh from the center of my face
by instinct i tighten, then let loose
a cycle of adrenaline when it ends before i'm ready

(written in response to Hildur Guðnadóttir's "Iridescence")
------------------

A metal bowl in which i spend the morning, returning to
filled with deep red arils
a sweetness that isn't quite as bitter as i'd hoped
a healthy vitamin filled way to start the day
their white centers give a crunch
behind the gush of their translucent flesh
those deep red arils in my hand and in my mouth

(written in response to a pomegranate)
------------------

I've been stressing out over one of my current projects. I'm trying to generate a collection of lists on the best musical related outputs of 2009. There was so much music released, and so much that i'm sure i never heard. Sometimes its overwhelming.
I've spent about the last month working on this and trying to go back through every album of the year...it's starting to feel impossible. I know that no matter when i publish it, there will be things that deserve to be on it that i didn't know existed...and that's a good thing, but it does make this whole list thing rather stressful...i know no one really cares, and there are already a plethora of year end lists out there (mostly filled with garbage)...but my list is an attempt to not only share with the world, but to document a portion of my self....
I'm working hard on it, and sometimes i feel as if i'm not enjoying the music as much because of the self enforced pressure to listen to it all...but oh well
The lists will hopefully all be done soon...i'll be sure to share them all when done
Oh but how wonderful the things on the lists are...some of them almost bring tears to my eyes as they give a wonderful reason for existence
my deepest thanks to the musicians of the world,
without you my soul would be lost

No comments:

Post a Comment